WHP’s Preventative Cardiovascular Testing Program
Learn why Wimbledon Health Partners’ cardiac and vascular ultrasound testing is important when it comes to protecting your student athletes.
Ready to take the next step to keep your athletes safe? CLICK HERE
WHP performs both EKGs and echocardiograms on student athletes tested because either test alone will not catch all heart abnormalities associated with sudden cardiac arrest. Echocardiograms are necessary to do the following:
- Confirm a positive finding from an EKG
- Prove a false-positive EKG reading
- Identify a condition missed by an EKG
WHP’s vascular ultrasound testing looks for vascular conditions that are common to athletes. Symptoms of these conditions are likely to be brushed off, ignored completely, or never reported. Examples include the following:
- Blood clots, which can lead to pulmonary embolisms
- Damage to blood vessels due to trauma during physical activity
- Inadequate blood flow to the digestive system
- WHP techs are trained to spot potential issues that need to be looked at immediately by WHP reading physicians
- WHP techs can transmit images in real-time to our reading physicians, who are board certified cardiologists, pediatric cardiologists, and radiologists
- If something significant is identified, WHP notifies the school and/or parent immediately (24/7)
- Detailed results are provided electronically through a secure online portal or emailed directly to the parent
Wimbledon Health Partners’ Comprehensive Cardiovascular Testing Helps Protects Student Athletes
Early detection of conditions that can cause sudden cardiac arrest in the near-term can save lives.
Early detection of conditions that could be harmful in the future empowers athletes to take action now.
DETECTION ⇒ KNOWLEDGE ⇒ ACTION ⇒ PREVENTION